Sunday, November 21, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan Remix

I have developed a taste for Eggplant but don't want to take the time to make it and bake it...I don't want to wait, I guess.  So the other day I did my own easy and quick version of the yummy meal...here it is:

1 eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
2 Roma Tomato, seeded
onion, chopped
olive oil/coconut oil/butter
italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese

Saute onion (as much or as little as you like) in a mix of coconut oil and butter (or olive oil) on medium heat until soft.  Add the roma tomatos and cook for another minute.  Raise heat to medium high and add in cubed eggplant and sprinkle with garlic salt, italian seasoning and just a little pepper.  Add more oil as needed if things start to get dry and if you don't want to add more oil, just add a little water.  Stir while cooking.  I like it to be a bit al dente but you can cook it has the consistency you like.  Put your mixture into your serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and as much freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment